Root canal treatment in Tehran: benefits and procedure
Dentists can save your teeth when you visit them for a root canal. dentists can remove the infected tissues inside of a tooth, fill the area with medicated materials, and cap the tooth with a dental crown for protection.
root canal treatment is a type of endodontic therapy that is often recommended if the tooth pulp and nerves become infected or damaged. When left untreated, this type of infection and disease may cause the tooth to die and necessitate tooth extraction. To restore the health of the tooth and avoid the need for extraction, skilled dentists will remove the infected and injured tissues from within the tooth, clean the tooth, and fill it with a medicated material. dentists will then cap the tooth with a restoration, such as a dental crown, to return the tooth to its original shape and structure. In most cases, a root canal treatment in Tehran can be completed in only one or two comfortable visits to office.
HOW CAN THE ROOT CANAL GET INFECTED?
You are now probably asking yourself how the pulp can become infected when it is well protected. The food you eat can attack the enamel. You would imagine you have an option of what to eat. However, a few food particles can be stuck in the teeth long after you have finished eating, particularly in the interdental gaps on the molar's chewing surfaces, or the rear teeth. Whenever you do not consistently brush and floss, bacteria that always exist inside your mouth will have an opportunity to convert the sugar and also the carbohydrate that those particles contain into acid. The saliva's protective effect on the enamel will be reduced and then the enamel can begin to erode the teeth. This can lead to cavities. If these cavities are not sufficiently filled, eventually the enamel is going to be punctured and infection could get to the pulp.
The bacteria inside the mouth can likewise infect your gums. When the gums are loose, it can expose the dentin layer below the gum and puncture it. This can open an infection route towards the pulp. Regardless of the infection route, the pulp needs to be eliminated in order to prevent a repeat infection. Otherwise, abscess can come out and extraction becomes necessary. Pulp infection may be due to other causes, which include a dental injury that is left untreated, a chipped or cracked tooth, and perhaps repeated restoration.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment in Tehran
Contrary to what many people believe, the root of the tooth remains intact and is not removed. This is one of the main benefits of root canal therapy because it allows you to keep your tooth instead of having it removed. Other benefits of root canal therapy include normal bite force, more efficient chewing because your tooth is saved rather than extracted, and a more natural appearance. Modern techniques have allowed dentists to perform root canals more efficiently and more comfortably than in years past.
How about Extracting an Infected One?
This particular treatment requires more than a downright extraction. So, why is the painful one not extracted to begin with? The reason is because an artificial will never be as capable as the natural one. Without a natural one to replace the extracted one, both your ability to eat as well as smile will be compromised. The vacant space will erode the jaw bone surrounding the vacant socket, and this can distort facial features even more. Root canal treatment helps save natural teeth.
WHEN IS ENDODONTIC THERAPY NEEDED?
This treatment may be used for treating multiple issues such as inflamed, dying or dead nerves, as well as a cracked or even a dead one. It can be a retreatment as well after an unsuccessful root canal treat,ent. In some instances, it will probably be needed to take out teeth or nerves. The final decision, should you wish to undergo this procedure, is going to be made by you, together with one of specialists, after hearing your concerns and doing a thorough examination of your teeth. This operation is usually completed in at least two visits. On the patient's second visit, the wet will check how it goes and if any additional work is needed. In some cases, she may forego the temporary filling, in some cases, and proceed directly to the permanent one during the initial visit. In such cases, the recovery time that is needed usually does not take very long.
- Intense sensitivity to hot and cold.
You Will Be Asked
- Where the pain/swelling is located.
- Pain duration
- Kind of pain – whether it is pulsed or continuous.
Signs dentists are Looking For
It may be that you are not aware of the problem that is developing in your pulp until it becomes too late. There are some hints though that are more noticeable to your dentist's trained eye. These include:
- Indications that there is pus discharge
- Obvious soft tissue as well as asymmetry changes.
Root canal treatment procedure in Tehran
- Imaging - The preliminary step would be to assess the condition. dentists make use of X-ray images to determine the damage as well as the configuration of the roots. The rear teeth can contain multiple root canals, and a number of them can be infected. It’s important to know beforehand which root has an infection, in addition to its orientation.
- Anesthesia - This involves surgery. Therefore, local anesthesia is used prior to the surgery at all times.
- Opening the Canal – A number of patients may require sedation prior to administering the anesthesia. After local anesthesia has been given, a hole will be drilled through the enamel in order to expose the problem areas. This is going to quickly release the pressure within and patients are not going to feel pain whatsoever even when the anesthesia has worn away. Drilling will be done in the molars' crown as well as from the lingual part, in the case of a front tooth.
- Cleaning – It is going to be totally evacuated by taking out the nerve tissue along with all the rest of the pulp matter. After that, the canal will be thoroughly flushed and then dried.
- Sealing - The space should never be left vacant or else you are at risk for a repeat abscess or infection. dentists are going to fill the vacant canal using a rubber-like material called gutta percha, along with a sealant solution so as not to leave any empty space inside.
- Temporary Filling - As the mouth is healing, the fresh hole will be covered with temporary filling.
- Permanent Seal - If everything goes well and the patient does not have any complaint, a permanent filling is going to replace the temporary one on the next visit.
WHY IS CROWN PLACEMENT NECESSARY AFTER SURGERY?
The procedure causes a tooth to have thinner walls, thus making it vulnerable. dentists recommend for it to be fortified with help from a dental crown, once complete healing has occurred.
In case you decide to opt for the crown, dentists are going to provide you with a temporary one right away, and then deliver the impressions to the laboratory where a permanent crown will be made for you. You will then have to fit the crown, and this would require another visit. In some instances, one that is broken or weak may require additional work to make it ready for the crown.
Do root canals hurt?
dentists are equipped with the latest equipment, materials, and knowledge to provide you with a comfortable, pain-free root canal experience. It is a myth that root canals are extremely painful – in fact, root canal therapy provides immense relief from pain by eliminating the source of infection and pain-sensing nerve in your tooth.
ROOT CANAL AFTERCARE
- If it is painful, the patient may use over the counter NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as Ibuprofen.
- A patient who is NSAID or Aspirin sensitive can instead use Acetaminophen, like Tylenol.
- Prescription medication should be taken in the case of persistent pain. The likelihood of remnant infection has to be examined.
The likelihood of infection following a successful procedure is rare. But, whenever there is suspicion of an infection:
- Antibiotics may be prescribed to get rid of the remnant infection.
- The canal will probably be reopened, cleansed, and then resealed during retreatment.
In a few cases, a patient may be allowed to drive following the operation. However, depending on how strong the sedation used for the treatment was, it is perhaps advisable to find someone else to drive for you. On the other hand, whatever pain you are experiencing, it is going to be stopped.
Are there risks involved in a root canal treatment?
Like any medical procedure, a root canal treatment poses some risk and, on rare occasions, there may be complications. These complications may result in a tooth needing additional treatment, referral to a specialist* or may result in the tooth needing to be removed.
In most cases root canal treatment is very successful. Speak with your dentist in Tehran if you have any concerns about the treatment.
What are the alternatives to a root canal treatment?
- Remove the tooth – Removing the tooth will leave a gap that may need to be replaced by an artificial tooth.
- Leave the tooth untreated – If left untreated an infection may occur and can spread to the jaw. Pus can build up and cause pain. Cysts may also develop and need further treatment.
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT COST IN TEHRAN
This restorative treatment varies in price, and the price depends on the condition of the tooth, the skill of the endodontist, and other services needed for your treatment. As it can save your tooth from the extraction or falling out, and it can restore your tooth with a crown, the treatment is worth the price. That said, if you are spending money on such a treatment, you should spend it on an experienced endodontist with great reviews ans is close to you. Root Canal and Crown costs include an Exam, X-ray, Local anesthesia. The cost depends on the location of the tooth, dentist and insurance.